Visual Studio Profiling Tools let developers measure, evaluate, and target performance-related issues in their code. These tools are fully integrated into the IDE to provide a seamless and approachable user experience. Users also have the flexibility of accessing Profiling Tools from the command-line, allowing developers the ability to automate tasks that use script.
The profiler gives you practical information about the performance of your UWP app, and includes five tools:
- Application Timeline, to see where time is spent in your app
- CPU Usage, to see where the CPU is spending time executing your code
- GPU Usage, to determine whether the CPU or GPU is the performance bottleneck
- Memory Usage, to investigate app memory to find issues such as memory leaks
- Network, to gather information about each network operation in your app, including HTTP request and response headers, payloads, cookies, timing data and more
Please follow the steps below:
- Run Visual Studio
- To use the Profiler, go to Debug > Profiler > Start Diagnostic Tools Without Debugging… or simply hit Alt+F2 to get started!