1. Naming of your app
2. Give your app a great description
3. Icon of your app
4. Fabulous screenshots
Naming of Your app
Let’s say you’re developed the most fantastic app in the world. It’s exactly what everyone needs. It does something fantastic that people have been waiting for a months or even years! It’s beautiful to look at. It’s easy to use. The next thing to do is give it the right name. The name has to do one important thing:
It has to tell people what the app is or does.
Here are some important things to keep in mind:
1. Try to keep the name short. Two or three word names are best, but some apps might really need four or five words to explain what they do.
2. Follow grammatical rules. People remember things better when they’re grammatical.
3. Spell keywords correctly. If you misspell words, they won’t show up in search.
Give Your App a Great Description
How to create a great Description:
1. Make sure there are relevant keywords in the first line. If it’s a horoscope app, make sure the word horoscope is the first or second word.
2. Explain exactly what the app does. Give a feature list or overview. If the app has a limited number of features, list them all. If the app is complex, make a list of the key features.
3. Make sure list of key features highlights any features that your app has and other apps don’t have.
Icon of your app
Remember “Your app never get a second chance to make a first impression”. The first things people see when they search for an app are the icon and the name.
The icon is crucial. According to some experts, the icon may account for as much as 90% of the decision whether or not to download an app.
The most powerful visual elements of your app are your screenshots. People are more visual in nature and so when a user visits your app, the user will gravitate towards your icon and screenshots before reading description of your app. Since this is usually the case, it is missed opportunity if you are just taking random screenshots of your app and submitting them when you’re ready to publish your app. You must be strategic with the selection of your screenshots in order to maximise their effectiveness in your marketing.